To enter China as a CCSP Semester or Summer Sessions students, you will need to apply for a so-called X2 Visa at the Chinese Embassy or Consulate-General in your home country or country of residence. An X2 Visa is a single-entry, short-stay student visa, with a validity of no more than 180 days. You should not enter China with another type of visa. Only with a X2 visa stamped in your passport will you be able to register as a student at the university.  


To apply for your X2 visa, you will need to submit the following documents:

   Filled-out visa application form (which can be downloaded from the Chinese embassy website)

   Passport (with validity of 6 months after planned departure from China)

   Passport photo

   Fudan University Admission Notice (in original copy); (this will be issued by Fudan University and sent to you via us by courier service)

   Foreign Students Visa Application Form (Form JW202, original copy); (this will be issued by Fudan University and sent to you via us by courier service)


In most cases, the application process may only take 4 to 5 working days, but please make sure you do not apply late. For the exact locations and opening hours of the Chinese Embassy and Consulates-General in your country, please visit the website of the official visa office of the Chinese government: On this website, you will also find detailed information about the application requirements and procedures.


In case you opt to do an internship as part of your CCSP semester, and/or if you plan to go abroad and return to mainland China during the period of CCSP, you must additionally apply for a Temporary Residence Permit AFTER you have arrived in Shanghai. No worries about this, our staff will help you submit your application, and you do not have to make preparations before your departure to China.    


Please note that visa and residence permit application fees are not included in the tuition fees.